Mission Hospice offers bereavement support for those who are grieving or facing the death of a loved one. We can help you:
- Learn about the grief process
- Express your feelings of grief
- Discover how to use natural strengths to get through this difficult time
- Talk about loved ones who have died
- Sort through the stresses and anxieties that may come with new roles and responsibilities
- Uncover the potential for growth and transformation following loss
Free grief support groups
Mission Hospice professionals host free grief support groups on an ongoing basis. These groups are open to family members of Mission Hospice patients, as well as to community members. We offer weekly drop-in groups for English and Spanish speakers, as well as specialized support groups throughout the year. Although the groups are free of charge, donations are gratefully accepted.
- Tuesday evenings 6-7:30pm, led by Roby Newman, LCSW
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays 10-11:30am, led by Tracie Pyers, MSW
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays 10-11:30am, Group for Young Widows and Widowers, led by Tracie Pyers, MSW
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 4-5:30pm, led by Lynne Siracusa, LCSW
Individual grief counseling
Mission Hospice & Home Care also offers individual and family counseling sessions (in English and Spanish) to support patients and family members. Family members of our hospice clients receive eight free sessions; additional sessions, or counseling for members of the public, are $80/session or sliding scale.
Other bereavement support
- Free phone support, resources, and referral
- Play therapy for grieving children ages five and older
- Writing Through Loss support groups – three eight-week sessions each year
- “Coping With the Holidays” support group November-January
- Inservice training on coping with grief for facility staff
- Annual Day of Remembrance each November
To find out more about our grief counseling services for adults and children, please contact us.