Our Transitions program helps patients and families adapt to the changes that accompany living with a serious illness – changes that can be difficult and confusing. Transitions offers supportive services to patients who are not ready for Hospice or Advanced Care, or who may be in between those programs. It is designed for patients with life-limiting illness who have some palliative needs, but continue to receive treatment, or are not yet physically or emotionally ready for hospice or palliative home health care.
Our Transitions program includes:
- Evaluation by a RN and collaboration with the patient’s primary medical team
- Emotional support and counseling for patient and family
- Help initiating and broadening discussions about end-of-life issues and planning
- Guidance and support for making informed medical decisions
- Referral and coordination of community resources
- Volunteers for companionship, errands, and more
This free service provides social work, nurse consultation, and volunteer support for patients and families. Our team can help identify and connect patients to community resources as new needs arise.