Our Transitions program helps patients and families adapt to the changes that accompany living with a serious illness – changes that can be difficult and confusing. Transitions offers supportive services to patients with life-limiting illness who are not yet physically or emotionally ready for hospice.
Our Transitions program includes:
- Evaluation by a RN and collaboration with the patient’s primary medical team
- Emotional support and education for patient and family
- Help initiating and broadening discussions about end-of-life issues and planning
- Guidance and support for making informed medical decisions
- Referral to community resources
- Volunteers for companionship and respite for families
This free service provides nurse consultation and volunteer support for patients and families. Our team can help identify and connect patients to community resources as new needs arise.