Grief support groups and workshops
Mission Hospice professionals host free grief support groups open to family members of Mission Hospice patients, and to all bereaved individuals living in Mission Hospice’s geographical service area. To keep our community safe during COVID-19, we have moved our bereavement support groups and workshops online, until further notice.
- Tuesday evenings 6-7:30pm, led by Christine Kovach, LCSW & Jeff Hylton, LCSW
- Thursday afternoons 4-5:30pm, led by Isabel Stenzel, LCSW
- 1st, 3rd & 5th Saturday mornings 10-11:30am, led by Tracie Pyers, MSW
- 2nd & 4th Saturday mornings 10-11:30am, led by Tracie Pyers, MSW (focused on spouse/partner loss)
- Writing Through Loss Support Group (please email Isabel Stenzel for more information; no experience necessary)
Wednesdays, August 11 – September 29 • 6-7:30pm
- Parent Loss Support Group (please email Isabel Stenzel for more information)
Thursdays, September 23 – November 11 • 6-7:30pm
- Spouse Loss Support Group (please email Christine Kovach for more information)
Tuesdays, September 28 – November 16 • 11am-12:30pm
- Art for healing through grief
First Thursday of the month, May 6 – October 7 • 6-8pm
This monthly expressive arts workshop offers adults and mature teens a creative outlet for expressing grief. No art experience necessary; art materials will be provided by mail if needed. Please email Christine Kovach for more information.
- Grief book club
Second Wednesday of the month, September 8 – December 8 • 11:30am-1pm
This monthly lunchtime group is for those who like to read and discuss how stories relate to their own grief experience. Please email Isabel Stenzel for more information.
- New to grief
Thursday, September 23 • 3-5pm
An overview of what to expect in the grief process, including tips for proactive coping. Please register at least 60 minutes in advance to receive the login info needed to join the workshop.
- Resilience in grief
Based on interest
Grieving the loss of a loved one while simultaneously dealing with the pandemic is especially challenging. This weekly workshop will teach core skills for developing and strengthening resilience using lecture, handouts, exercises, and discussion in a supportive environment. Please email Isabel Stenzel for more information.