Shelley Salpeter, MD, FACP
I am an experienced home care and hospice physician offering concierge-level attention without the cost. I provide care for homebound patients in their homes and in assisted living communities throughout San Mateo County.
My team, including two doctors and an LVN, specializes in geriatric and palliative care, with 24-hour nursing support by phone. I work with all home health agencies, and accept a range of insurance.
My patients who enroll in Mission Hospice’s Transitions program also have access to volunteer support.
- Age-related cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease, complex chronic disease, frailty, and homebound patients
- Continuity of care between hospitals, nursing homes, and home environments, including acute care consultation, home care, and hospice
- Managing pain and other end-of-life symptoms
- Triple board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, and Internal Medicine
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Medical Director, Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Consultant, Sutter Health, Mills-Peninsula Medical Center, and most Skilled Nursing Facilities in San Mateo County
- Medical Director, The Stratford Assisted Living Facility