Shelley Salpeter, MD, FACP
I am a caring, experienced home care physician specializing in geriatric and palliative care for homebound patients throughout San Mateo County. My team includes two Nurse Practitioners and an LVN practice manager.
I work with all home health agencies, and accept Medicare and United Health Care (PPO and HMO) as primary insurance, and multiple secondary insurers.
- Age-related cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease, complex chronic disease, frailty, and home-bound patients
- Managing pain and other end-of-life symptoms
- Triple board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, and Internal Medicine
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Medical Director, Mission Hospice & Home Care
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Consultant, Peninsula Post-Acute Rehabilitation Facility
- Consultant, Sutter Health, Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
- Medical Director, The Stratford Assisted Living Facility