Our Advanced Care (palliative care at home) provides nursing and social work support in the home for patients who are continuing treatment such as chemotherapy. Advanced Care offers a full range of medical services, focusing on symptom management and rehabilitation, and includes specialists in wound and cardiac care.
Advanced Care is prescribed by the patient’s doctor.
Our interdisciplinary Advanced Care teams may include:
- The patient’s personal physician
- Mission Hospice & Home Care physician / nurse practitioner
- Advanced Care RNs
- Medical Social Workers
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Home health aides
- Trained volunteers
- Registered dietician, as needed
- Speech, Physical or Occupational Therapists, as needed
- Experts in wound care and cardiac disease, as needed